Exploring the Prospective Value of the Industry-pioneering MW-level UPS+ESS Integrated Solution
Justin Wahid Rangooni, executive director of the Trade Association Energy Storage Canada, recently stated that in order to achieve Canada's goal of net-zero emissions by 2050 and avoid falling behind in the competition of global energy system modernization, more potential and value of energy storage systems should be brought into play. The modernization of Canadian power system will be needed to achieve this goal. Although the government has taken initial measures to phase out coal and encourage renewable energy and other zero emission technologies, it is clear that energy storage will need to play a greater role in order for the government's strategy to succeed. The application of the energy storage reduces the owner's cost, and it not only improves the reliability and flexibility of the power grid but also promotes the process of carbon neutralization. In 2009, Canada introduced the Global Adjustment (GA) charging system, which imposed a high penalty on peak power consumption, alleviating the pressure on the power grid. However, the traditional energy storage solution cannot solve the problem of high penalties on the policy side in response to the project requirements, which leads to the energy storage application being unable to be widely implemented.
In response to the demands of this kind of application, Kehua provided an industry-first MW-level UPS+ESS integrated solution to fill the technical gap of changing the application. So how does this solution bring value to end-users, investors, and integrators?
Ø Project background:
The project is located in Ontario, Canada. The province is a large province of industrial power consumption, accounting for 40% of Canada's electricity consumption. In order to alleviate the pressure of power grid, the government introduced Global Adjustment (GA) electricity charging system (with the proportion of GA charging exceeding 80%). This charging system has brought up high peak electricity charges for large factories, therefore it is urgent to introduce mature and reliable energy storage solutions to reduce electricity fees.
The fundamental requirement of this project is to use energy storage solution for off-peak energy storage, so as to avoid peak power consumption and reduce electricity bills. Considering local policy requirements, off-grid energy storage solution that offer quick delivery is the first choice to reduce the fines and shorten the return period. However, due to the large fluctuation and poor power quality of the local power grid, traditional off-grid energy storage solution finds it difficult to meet customers' demand for all-day high-reliability and high-quality power supply.
Ø Kehua Innovation Solution:
As the world's leading provider of UPS and energy storage solutions with 33 years of accumulated experience, Kehua has developed the industry-first MW-level UPS+ESS integrated container solution. Compared with the traditional solution on current market, this solution can not only achieve peak shaving and valley filling but also achieve high reliability, green and efficient uninterrupted power supply. The innovative structure, intelligent design, prospective standardized design, and high-end certification of the solution have improved the industry standards and taken a leading role in the industry:
1. Land saving: the integrated container ESS adopts an innovative mirror stacking scheme, with two sets of containers and internal equipment that are mirror-symmetric. It also adopts double-layer placement, reducing the needed area by 50%.
2. UPS function: Kehua KR33 series 1200kW high-power UPS is adopted to ensure all-day high-reliability power supply.
3. Off-grid solution: to quickly pass the local examination and receive policy approval, to put the project into operation as soon as possible.
4. Product solution design: adopting standardized production and unified certification to realize rapid delivery and support flexible expansion; Investments can be made in batches for maximized returns.
5. Industry certifications: meets the requirements of CSA, NFPA, IEC, UL, etc., ensuring the reliability and safety of the system.
6. Intelligent operation and maintenance: The industry's first intelligent control panel can centrally control UPS systems, lithium battery systems, transformers, power distribution cabinets, and other systems, effectively saving more than 80% of operation and maintenance time.
Kehua MW-level UPS+ESS Integrated Container Solution is an industry-first solution with forward-looking design. As the world's leading integrated energy service provider, with a deep understanding of industry application scenarios and accumulated experience in globally leading technology, and through the organic combination of energy storage and UPS, the company is continuously promoting technological innovation and solution innovation in the field of innovative energy storage and UPS applications. It has responded to customer needs, solved project problems, and brought efficient and reliable energy and high returns to its customers.